Are you struggling to find a snack that hits the spot in the afternoon that’s easy to make and healthy too?
The Pina colada smoothie is a super sweet and yummy smoothie that’s perfect for your afternoon treat!
It’s as easy as popping a slice of pineapple on the side of the glass after you blend and your good to go!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need to make this frozen smoothie.
Ingredients (Serves 1 - 2)
- 2 to 3 super greens smoothie Super Cubes
- 1 sliced of frozen banana
- A handful of frozen pineapple chunks (or fresh if you want)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- A handful of ice
How to create this frozen smoothie
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender
- Blend on low speed and slowly increase until you have a smooth texture
- Add in extra ice cubes if needed and re-blend
- Pour into your favourite drinking vessels and drink
Why have this frozen smoothie?
I like this afternoon smoothie because it takes care of my sweetness cravings as well as my nutritional needs in the afternoon too.
It has a good mixture of greens because of the Super Cubes and also a good dose of fruit too.
This makes the Pina colada smoothie my perfect pick me up in the afternoon before I head into my next session and the rest of my day!
If you love this frozen smoothie recipe by Laura, why not check out her other frozen smoothie recipe here.
Author | Laura Halls
Laura is a Pilates Instructor and Personal Trainer based in Sydney.
She has a strong passion for nutrition and making food enjoyable and delicious for herself and her clients!
You can contact Laura on her ‘Lean by Laura’ website or find out more about her and her favourite Super Cube smoothie recipes on her Instagram page.