How can you eat avocado for your breakfast?
Using a fork, scooping with a spoon, using your hands, throwing it in a smoothie or any other number of ways.
And that’s all we have time for today sorry, that's it for this blog post folks.
When you think about avocado, it really is a food that brings people together.
Whether you’re paleo, vegetarian, raw vegan, keto or somebody who doesn’t currently subscribe to any of the dietary cults, the chances are, you love avocado!
And it’s not hard to see why after you learn about the many potential benefits.
What's the benefits of avocado
Here's a quick summary of the many potential benefits of avocado for you.
- Brimming with monounsaturated fats and a healthy dose of fibre
- A fruit-based multivitamin, containing pre-vitamin A, the B vitamins, C, E and K
- Avocados have minerals as well, potassium, magnesium manganese, phosphorous, iron and zinc
From the nutrient content of this dark green egg fruit, there are numerous benefits such as;
- Helps to reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease
- Supports the reduction of cravings from its satiating fat and fibre
- Contains the nutrient lutein to help reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration
- May improve metabolic health and reduce the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
So many ways to enjoy your avocado
There are so many ways to enjoy this fruit!
Especially if you're over having cereal for breakfast everyday and want to try something new.
Here's six more ways for you to get some more avocado in your day without having to resort to spreading it over your Vegemite on a slice of toast.
Obviously, we’d like start with this nice and easy one for you today.
It's as simple as peeling back the skin of the avocado and adding it to other ingredients in your blender.
Here's a simple avocado smoothie recipe for you, and yes, you can choose to use our frozen smoothie cubes or the superfood purée if you want as a base.
- 1 x Avocado (peeled and chopped)
- Add the liquid of your choice (here's some plant based liquid options for you)
- Your favourite Super Cubes product (Super Greens Smoothie cubes or Strawberry Superfoods Purée)
After adding all of the above to your blender, blend, pour, sip, say ahhhh and sip again.
Smashed avocado upgraded
We all know about the popularity of smashed avo, but let’s upgrade it a bit for you now while still keeping it simple and fresh.
Just follow these simple steps below and you'll be eating smashed avo in no time at all.
- First, toast your bread (gluten free or regular)
- While it's toasting, smash your avocado in a bowl with some olive oil
- Then, when your toast is ready, spread it thickly all over it
- Finally, add some thinly chopped tomatoes mixed with a little bit of basil
Now, is it more of an avocado bruschetta or upgraded smashed avo?
You can decide!
Read more like this
Chocolate avocado mousse
That’s right, who doesn't love a nice avocado dessert for breakfast!
Only because you’ve been so good and read this far, we'll let you have this avocado recipe now.
Start by blending or mixing the following ingredients.
- 1 avocado (remember skin off and seed out!)
- 6 teaspoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to taste
After you have blended or mixed, you can easily add some optional extras on top of your mousse recipe creation.
You can use ingredients like frozen berries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and maybe some bee pollen if you want to.
Avocado breakfast salad
How about including avocado with delicious breakfast salad?
If you haven't tried a breakfast salad before, don't knock until you try it!
Here's a simple recipe for you to follow.
- Start with wilted greens of your choice in a bowl
- Then add in small chunks of avocado
- Perhaps add an egg or two, however you like them (poached, boiled etc)
- Sprinkle on some pepitas on top
- Finally, season with salt, lemon and a drizzle of olive oil
You can use avocado dressing to accompany your breakfast as it will suit most of your non-cereal options.
Whether it be a stir fry, salad, eggs and bacon or whatever else!
For a simple and tasty avocado dressing you just need to blend the following together and spread or ladle over you breakfast.
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (add more for a runnier dressing consistency)
- 1 raw garlic clove
- ¼-½ raw spring onion
- ½-1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice from a whole lemon
Short on time?
If that's a yes answer to the above, then hop aboard the avocado boat!
It's as simple as splitting your avocado, then take out the pip, all while keeping the skin on.
Then scoop out a little bit of the flesh (and eat it of course)
Then add these into the scalloped area.
- A crack of sea salt
- Then a smidge of pepper
- Either add some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- A little bit of olive oil
- And finally, add some optional nigella seeds (see how you go with the taste of these)
Avo nice day with avocado
There you have it, six easy ways to include avocado into your breakfast meal.
Or any time of the day really if you choose to.
So, now we have to ask, which one of these above will you be trying first?
Of course we would be suggesting the avocado smoothies first and foremost for you as the Super Green Smoothie cubes are pretty amazing and nutritious as well.
Or (while we're at it), any of the Superfoods Purée flavours blended with avocado and a few other ingredients as a breakfast smoothie is a great way to start the day too!
What ever and whenever you choose to eat them, avocado are a great fruit to add to any meal throughout your day.