If you like coffee, you’ll love this smoothie.
The addition of almond butter makes it extra creamy, but also adds a hit of healthy fats to keep your blood sugar levels stable all morning long.
Topped off with a few crunchy cacao nibs, this smoothie is the perfect morning pick me up!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 6 wake me up smoothie Super Cubes
- 2 tablespoons of creamy natural almond butter
- 1 cup milk of choice (cow’s milk, unsweetened almond or coconut)
- To serve: 1 tablespoon cacao nibs and raspberries
How to make this frozen smoothie
- Place all ingredients (including the wake me up frozen cubes), except the cacao nibs and raspberries into a high-speed blender
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth
- Add extra milk and blend again if you prefer a thinner texture
- Pour into 2 serving glasses and top with cacao nibs and raspberries
What’s so good about this frozen smoothie?
If you’re someone who thinks a coffee alone constitutes breakfast, then think again.
While caffeine has positive health benefits, such as lowering your risk of heart disease, relying on a single cup of coffee to get you through the morning may leave you ravenous by lunch.