This is such a classic combination!
The addition of cocoa powder gives this frozen smoothie a rich chocolatey taste that pairs perfectly with the banana.
So good for breakfast, lunch or anytime of the day where you need something to get you through makes this a really great frozen smoothie recipe for you to try.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 6 choc banana smoothie Super Cubes
- 300 - 350ml of milk of your choice (cow’s milk, unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk)
- To serve: 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs and strawberries to garnish
How to make this frozen smoothie
- Place all your ingredients (including your Super Cubes), except the cacao nibs and strawberries into a high-speed blender
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until it’s smooth. Add some extra milk and blend again if you prefer a thinner texture
- Pour into 2 serving glasses and top with cacao nibs and strawberries
What’s good about this frozen smoothie?
Bananas are high in potassium and a good source of magnesium for you, both of which are essential for heart health.
The addition of cocoa powder not only adds a delicious taste, but it also has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to a naturally occurring compound called flavanols.